Part I: The Surveys
1. Mira Wilkins (1977), 'Modern European Economic History and the Multinationals'
2. Mira Wilkins (1986), 'The History of European Multinationals: A New Look'
3. Mira Wilkins (1988), 'European and North American Multinationals, 1870–1914: Comparisons and Contrasts'
4. John Dunning (1983), 'Changes in the Level and Structure of International Production: the Last One Hundred Years'
Part II: The Pioneers
5. Mira Wilkins (1974), 'The American Model', a selection from the author's Epilogue to The Maturing of Multinational Enterprise, American Business Abroad from 1914 to 1970
6. John M.Stopford (1974), 'The Origins of British-Based Multinational Manufacturing Enterprises'
7. Lawrence Franco (1974), 'The Origins of Multinational Manufacturing by Continental European Firms'
8. Mira Wilkins (1986), 'Japanese Multinational Enterprise before 1914'
9. Geoffrey Jones (1986), 'Origins, Management and Performance'
Part III: New Perspectives
10. R.H. Coase (1937), 'The Nature of the Firm'
11. Edith Penrose (1956), 'Foreign Investment and the Growth of the Firm'
12. Oliver Williamson (1981), 'The Modern Corporation: Origins, Evolution, Attributes'
13. Mark Casson (1986), 'General Theories of the Multinational Enterprise: Their relevance to Business History'
14. Stanley Chapman (1985) 'British-based Investment Groups Before 1914'
15. Mira Wilkins (1988), 'The Free-Standing Company, 1870–1914: An Important Type of British Foreign Direct Investment'
16. Alfred D. Chandler (1980), 'The Growth of the Transnational Industrial Firm in the United States and the United Kingdom: A Comparative Analysis'
17. Mira Wilkins (1982), 'American-Japanese Direct Foreign Investment Relationships. 1930–1952'
18. Ann M. Carlos and Stephen Nicholas (1988), '"Giants of an Earlier Capitalism": The Chartered Trading Companies as Modern Multinationals'
Part IV: Case Studies
19. Geoffrey Jones (1984), 'The Growth and Performance of British Multinational Firms before 1939: The Case of Dunlop'
20. Geoffrey Jones (1984), 'Multinational Chocolate: Cadbury Overseas,
21. Tetsuo Abo (1982-83), 'ITT's International Business Activities, 1920–1940'.
Part V: Hosts to Multinationals
22. Geoffrey Jones (1988), 'Foreign Multinationals and British Industry before 1945'
23. Tetsuya Kuwahara (1989), 'The Japanese Cotton Spinners' Direct Investments into China Before the Second World War'
24. Masaru Udagawa (1985), 'The Pre-War Japanese Automobile Industry and American Manufacturers'
25. Emma Harris (1989), 'J.&P. Coates Ltd in Poland'