Careers at Edward Elgar Publishing
Job opportunities and locations:
Camberley, Surrey, UK
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, UK
Northampton, Massachusetts, USA
If you can offer editorial, proofreading or indexing skills and have a background in academic publishing, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Departments in our Camberley office include Editorial Processing and Production
Camberley is located 30 miles southwest of central London in the corridor between the M3 and M4 motorways. The office has parking and is convenient for shops and Camberley Rail Station which is 0.6 miles/ a 10 minute walk away.
No current vacancies
Functions in Cheltenham include Commissioning, Editorial, Marketing, Finance and IT.
Cheltenham is a town in the west of England famous for its arts festivals and historic architecture. Our offices are located close to the fashionable Montpellier area with its boutique shops, restaurants and bars. The office has parking although many staff commute by bicycle. Cheltenham train station is 0.6 miles / a 10 minute walk away.
No current vacancies
Edward Elgar Publishing, a leading scholarly publisher in economics, business and management, law and the social sciences, has an opening for an Editorial Assistant.
The Editorial Assistant is responsible for checking manuscripts for completeness, accuracy, permissions issues and style issues and corresponding with authors and volume editors. They will prepare the manuscripts and accompanying forms and coordinate with the UK-based production team. They will be responsible for writing book descriptions, researching cover images and soliciting endorsement quotes.
Located in our Northampton, MA office, the ideal applicant will possess:
- excellent communication skills including perfect grammar
- a college degree and keen interest in publishing
- a keen eye for detail
- exemplary project management skills and an ability to prioritize and keep on top of their workload
- the ability to work well on their own initiative.
A detailed job description is available on request.
Please apply by email including cover letter and resume to our Editorial Department at: email@example.com
Closing date: June 29, 2018
Benefits: Health, Dental, 401K
Our office is in downtown Northampton near bus routes and the bike path.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious, enthusiastic professional to join the marketing team at Edward Elgar Publishing, an award winning independent scholarly publisher. The Marketing Associate will be responsible for promotion of our high-quality scholarly titles in the areas of Law, Business & Management, Economics, and the Social Sciences, with particular focus on our Political Science line.
• Plan and execute a range of marketing activities (including printed catalogs, email promotions, social media, and other digital marketing) to maximize revenue, support authors, influence submissions, and retain customers.
• Maintain an awareness of the North American market, academic trends in our subject areas, competitor activity, customer needs, marketing trends, and emerging technology
• Liaise with the editorial team to develop marketing plans and materials for key titles, new product lines and subject areas, author services, and to support conference exhibits
• Work closely with the global marketing team to plan and implement print, email, social, and other online marketing campaigns
• Periodic travel to participate in exhibits at academic conferences
• Collaborate with marketing colleagues in the US and UK
Salary commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Health, Dental, 401K
The position, which offers an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning family business in international publishing, is based out of the company’s offices in Northampton, Massachusetts. Northampton is located in the heart of the Five-College area and is easily reachable from New York City and Boston. Our office is located in downtown Northampton near bus routes and the bike path.
Closing Date: July 13, 2018
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
• Knowledge of electronic/digital marketing and other emerging technologies
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills – oral and written
• Keen interest in publishing and the academic market
• Self-motivation with ability to work independently
• Two or more years of experience in marketing and/or academic publishing
• Professional experience with social media marketing
• Four-year degree in marketing, public relations or a related field
• Fluent with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe InDesign.
• FileMaker experience a plus
• Knowledge of HTML and Drupal a plus
• Experience with market research, SEO, or analytics.
Functions in Northampton include Commissioning, Editorial, Marketing and Finance for North and South America
The town of Northampton is an artistic, musical, and culture centre. Our offices are located in the historic William Pratt House, a short walk from the independent shops and cafes of downtown Northampton.